Memorial Hospital of Carbon County has implemented a comprehensive infection prevention program that addresses detection, prevention and control of infections among patients and personnel.
The goals of an infection control program are to:
- Decrease the risk of infection for patients and personnel.
- Monitor for occurrence of infection and implement appropriate control methods.
- Identify and correct problems related to infection prevention practices.
- Limit unprotected exposure to pathogens throughout the hospital.
- Minimize the risk associated with procedures, medical devices and medical equipment.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations relating to infection prevention.