Pain Clinic appointments will be temporarily located at the MHCC Visiting Specialist Clinic, 2012 W. Elm Street, Rawlins, WY, to decrease exposure to COVID-19. The pain clinic providers and staff are taking the following admitting precautions to ensure that we are keeping the virus contained as best as possible.
- You will be asked a series of questions regarding travel and recent activity.
- MHCC Staff will be performing a temperature check.
- This information will determine the next steps taken.
- Any patient who is checking in should tell staff and ask for a mask if you have a fever, or cold or flu symptoms.
- Visitors with cold or flu symptoms are not allowed to visit any area of MHCC.
Pain Management Options
Memorial Hospital of Carbon County is now offering a brand new service line! We now have a full service interventional pain program to manage your ongoing chronic pain. Our holistic approach addresses not just the symptoms and causes of your pain, but its effects on you as a person.
After a thorough pain assessment and medical history review, our specialists will develop a personalized treatment plan to best control your pain symptoms including: Counseling, Physical Therapy, Massage therapy, Lifestyle Modifications, Injections, and consultation with other specialists to evaluate and treat underlying medical conditions. All this is done while keeping your family physician actively involved in your management plan. Using this comprehensive plan as a guide, our goal is to reduce your pain and improve your overall quality of life!
We offer several types of injections for the management of chronic pain:
- Interlaminar and transforaminal epidural steroid injections
- Injections for sacroilliac joints
- Intra-articular hip injections
- Bursitis injections
- Knee and shoulder injections
- Intercostal blocks for rib fracture or neuropathic pain such as shingles
- Trigger point injections
- Blocks for chronic migraines
- Radio frequency ablations
- Genicular knee pain
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar facet pain
- peripheral nerves
What to Expect
- You will be evaluated in the clinic by one of our specialists. We believe in taking the time to talk and personally evaluate each patient to diagnose the source of your pain. Our goal is to help patients regain their quality of life and we work with each patient to develop a specific treatment plan based on their individual needs.
- Customer service is very important to us and each patient will be given a 1-800 number to our registered nurse hotline where you have instant access to have your questions answered. She is in constant communication with our providers to make sure your questions are answered!
- Our approach is to try alternatives to opioids as first line treatment for certain conditions and long term opioids will need to be provided through your primary care provider
Pain Conditions Treated
- Back Pain and Lower Back Pain
- Cancer Pain Management
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Compression Fractures
- Headache and Migraines
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Postherpetic Pain (Shingles)
- Sciatica and Piriformis Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports Injury
- Work Injury Treatment/Car Accident Treatment
Is pain affecting your life? Don’t wait any longer: MHCC Pain Clinic
There is no person who remains pain-free their entire life. After all, the purpose of this unpleasant sensation is to allow the body to react and prevent further tissue damage. People experience and describe pain differently, which can make it difficult to diagnose and treat. Many pain clinics focus on treating symptoms and relieving pain. We focus on identifying the source of your pain and then determining the most effective and beneficial treatment plan for each particular patient.
Whether it is moderate, acute or chronic pain, our providers specialize in individualized pain management solutions for all types of pain syndromes by providing comprehensive and personalized care.
Fortunately, there are many approaches available through our pain management specialists to give you lasting relief and a better strategy to manage your pain.
Our objective is to provide comprehensive, goal based, interventional pain management. By utilizing a balanced approach, we will work to enrich our community through education and compassion.