The Memorial Hospital of Carbon County (MHCC) Surgical Department provides excellent patient care with an emphasis on quality and safety.
MHCC employs an orthopedic surgeon, two general surgeons, an obstetrician, and three family medicine physicians who provide obstetric services. We also host surgical cases for physicians from other facilities.
The surgical department averages 40 to 50 surgeries a month. Here is a list of frequently done procedures, but not limited to:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopies of Knee including ACL repair
- Arthroscopies of Shoulder including rotator cuff repair
- Repair of Fractures
- Carpal Tunnel and Trigger Finger repair
- Hysterectomy and Gynecological procedures including Laparoscopic Sterilization
- Laparscopic Cholcystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Hernia Repair
- Appendectomy including Laparoscopic Bowel Resection
- Colonoscopy/EGD (esophagus and stomach)
Our operating rooms recently underwent renovation and are now state of the art. The upgrades included two operating rooms, an endoscopy suite, and a recovery room that are second to none.
Our staff is committed to providing you with the best care, anywhere! We thank you for entrusting us with your care and the care of your loved ones.