The Memorial Hospital of Carbon County (MHCC) Surgical Department provides excellent patient care with an emphasis on quality and safety.
MHCC employs an orthopedic surgeon and two general surgeons. We also host surgical cases for physicians from other facilities.
An average of 70 surgeries are performed each month and include Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gastrology and ENT care. Here is a list of frequently done procedures, but not limited to:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopies of Knee including ACL repair
- Arthroscopies of Shoulder including rotator cuff repair
- Repair of Fractures
- Carpal Tunnel and Trigger Finger repair
- Sports Medicine
- Laparscopic Cholcystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Hernia Repair
- Appendectomy including Laparoscopic Bowel Resection
- Colonoscopy/EGD (esophagus and stomach)
- Gallbladder Removal
- Ulcer Repair
- Breast Biopsy
Memorial Hospital of Carbon County Surgical Department is comprised of two operating suites, an endoscopy suite, and recovery rooms. Advanced equipment, including the latest in robotics and video technology, rival that of much larger facilities in urban areas. In addition, specialized air sterilization units ensure the highest level of protection from any possible environmental bacteria.
The Surgical Services Department at Memorial Hospital of Carbon County is committed to providing each patient the highest quality of surgical care with in a safe and compassionate environment.