Pain Management Options
Memorial Hospital of Carbon County has a full service interventional pain program to manage your ongoing chronic pain. Our holistic approach addresses not just the symptoms and causes of your pain, but its effects on you as a person.
Over 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain. That’s more than diabetes, cancer, and coronary heart disease combined. At Memorial Hospital of Carbon County, we believe that while some pain can be treated through self-care measures, it’s important for patients to more fully understand the underlying causes behind their pain.
We understand that every situation is unique, which is why our specialists conduct a thorough pain assessment and medical history review for each patient, followed by the development of a comprehensive care plan designed to meet specific individual needs. Memorial Hospital of Carbon County partners with Holistic Pain Management to offer cutting edge treatment alternatives to pain sufferers, helping to alleviate chronic pain without relying solely on the use of medications to mask the causing factors.
After a thorough pain assessment and medical history review, our specialists will develop a personalized treatment plan to best control your pain symptoms including: Counseling, Physical Therapy, Massage therapy, Lifestyle Modifications, Injections, and consultation with other specialists to evaluate and treat underlying medical conditions. All this is done while keeping your family physician actively involved in your management plan. Using this comprehensive plan as a guide, our goal is to reduce your pain and improve your overall quality of life!
We offer several types of injections for the management of chronic pain:
- Interlaminar and transforaminal epidural steroid injections
- Injections for sacroilliac joints
- Intra-articular hip injections
- Bursitis injections
- Knee and shoulder injections
- Intercostal blocks for rib fracture or neuropathic pain such as shingles
- Trigger point injections
- Blocks for chronic migraines
- Radio frequency ablations
- Genicular knee pain
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar facet pain
- peripheral nerves
What to Expect
- You will be evaluated in the clinic by one of our specialists. We believe in taking the time to talk and personally evaluate each patient to diagnose the source of your pain. Our goal is to help patients regain their quality of life and we work with each patient to develop a specific treatment plan based on their individual needs.
- Customer service is very important to us and each patient will be given a 1-800 number to our registered nurse hotline where you have instant access to have your questions answered. Our registered nurses are in constant communications with our providers to make sure your questions are answered.
- Our approach is to try alternatives to opioids as first line treatment for certain conditions and long term opioids will need to be provided through your primary care provider
Pain Conditions Treated
- Back Pain and Lower Back Pain
- Cancer Pain Management
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Compression Fractures
- Headache and Migraines
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Postherpetic Pain (Shingles)
- Sciatica and Piriformis Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports Injury
- Work Injury Treatment/Car Accident Treatment
Is pain affecting your life? Don’t wait any longer!
There is no person who remains pain-free their entire life. After all, the purpose of this unpleasant sensation is to allow the body to react and prevent further tissue damage. People experience and describe pain differently, which can make it difficult to diagnose and treat. Many pain clinics focus on treating symptoms and relieving pain. We focus on identifying the source of your pain and then determining the most effective and beneficial treatment plan for each particular patient.
Whether it is moderate, acute or chronic pain, our providers specialize in individualized pain management solutions for all types of pain syndromes by providing comprehensive and personalized care.
Fortunately, there are many approaches available through our pain management specialists to give you lasting relief and a better strategy to manage your pain.
Our objective is to provide comprehensive, goal based, interventional pain management. By utilizing a balanced approach, we will work to enrich our community through education and compassion.
Call the MHCC Surgery and Pain Clinic today to schedule an appointment, and let us help you find the best treatment option for your pain! 307-324-6022
Visit hpm.health for more information, or call the RN Hotline to speak to a nurse directly! 800-928-6040