On February 4th, 2020, at approximately 1:15 pm, Memorial Hospital of Carbon County experienced a water leak resulting in the activation of a fire watch status.

During routine cleaning of a patient care area on the third floor, a sprinkler head was bumped causing the head to break, releasing a large amount of water from an interior water line.  MHCC staff reacted quickly and efficiently to ensure incident protocol was followed.  MHCC has restricted access to the affected area until water damage has been remedied and a full assessment has been completed.   No patients were ever at risk as the water damage occurred in an unoccupied area.

Per the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Life Safety Codes are in place to protect lives and property from the hazards presented by fire.   This includes fire alarms and automatic sprinkler systems.  MHCC notified local authorities immediately, resulting in the presence of the Rawlins Fire Department.

On behalf of MHCC patients and staff, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to the Rawlins Fire Department for you quick response and assistance to ensure the safety of all.